Last Updated: April 16, 2020
SipScience (CC App Holdings, Inc. dba SipScience, referred to herein as “SipScience”, “we”, “us”) respects everyone’s right to privacy. This policy explains who we are, what information we collect when using the SipScience application (the “App”), how we collect information, what information we share, and how you may exercise your rights with respect to such information.
PRIVACY PROTECTIONS PROVIDED TO SIPSCIENCE MEMBER CUSTOMERS
Your privacy protections are of the utmost importance to SipScience. As such, for all users of the App (”Member Customers”), we have chosen to adhere to the stringent statutory privacy regulations of the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”). The CCPA ensures that California residents have certain rights regarding their privacy and personal information. If you are a resident of the State of California, and by application of this policy, a SipScience Member Customer, this policy will inform you of your rights as well as detail certain disclosures required under the CCPA.
This App is not intended for persons under the age of 21, and we will not knowingly collect information from persons under the age of 21.
WHAT DOES SIPSCIENCE DO?
SipScience is a data aggregation company that helps you have a better experience when purchasing alcohol at bars and restaurants. Non-Subscription Users can use the App to locate bars and other venues. For those users who pay a monthly fee (“Subscription Users”), you receive virtual drink tokens to use at an associated venue of your choice to gain discounts on drinks at those venues. In this policy, we refer to Non-Subscription Users and Subscription Users collectively as “Member Customers”.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DOES SIPSCIENCE COLLECT?
- Data You Provide to Us: When you sign up to use the App you provide your first, last name, email, phone number, date of birth, geographic location, and credit card information. We also ask introductory questions about your drink preferences.
- Data Collected Automatically Through Your Use of the Site: The App tracks your drink and food orders, as well as the location of these purchases, how much the items cost, and when they were purchased.
- Cookies, Web Beacons and Other Similar Technologies: The App tracks your location via device identifier both while using the App and in the background. Users may opt out of background tracking on their mobile device via location settings or through the App.
- Data From Others: We may use data collected from other sources that are trusted third party credit firms such as Experian. Data from us and from those firms are combined and anonymized and the anonymized data may be shared with third parties.
- Other Data: We may ask you additional questions or we may obtain data from others in order to understand you and what services and offers you may want. Such information may include lifestyle, preference, and interest information, and demographic information such as gender, ethnicity, education, household income, and marital status.
WHAT DOES SIPSCIENCE DO WITH THE PERSONAL INFORMATION IT COLLECTS?
- App: We use the information you provide to us for operation of the App and to complete purchases and other in-app functions.
- Communication: We use your contact information to communicate with you directly about the functionality of the App, security, customer service, promotions, as well as any other items regarding the use of the App. Please be aware that you can change your communication preferences at any time, but you cannot opt out of service messages from us, including security and legal notices.
- Customer Support: We use your information to assist with customer service inquiries, and to respond and resolve customer complaints and issues.
- Marketing: We use your information to develop our marketing strategy as well as offer promotions and select offers. [For example, we may use your purchase information for types of advertising known as Purchase-Based Advertising and Interest-Based Advertising. Purchase-Based Advertising uses your purchase history to present ads that are more relevant to you. Interest-Based Advertising uses your online behavior across multiple websites that you visit in order to predict your preferences and show you ads most likely of interest to you. These advertising strategies only tailor the ads that are presented to you and do not increase the number of ads you will see.] Any information shared with third-party companies in accordance with an advertising strategy will be anonymized and lack personally identifiable information.
- Research and Development: We use your information for research, analytics, record-keeping and reporting services. In addition, we sell your information and obtain anonymized data sets in order to improve our App, develop new ideas, and enhance our marketing efforts.
WHO DOES SIPSCIENCE SHARE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH?
We will disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients or in the following circumstances:
- To Third Party Purchasers: These third parties will receive only anonymized data that lacks any personally identifiable information.
- To Third Party Services and Partners: Third party service providers and partners who provide data processing and other services to us, or who otherwise process personal information for purposes that are described in this Privacy Notice or notified to you when we collect your personal information;
- To Regulatory Agencies: Any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary as a matter of applicable law or regulation, to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or to protect your vital interests or those of any other person;
- To Potential Acquirers: In connection with an actual or potential merger, sale, acquisition, investment, assignment, reorganization, joint venture, or transfer of all or part of SipScience’s business, assets, affiliates, including if SipScience should ever file for bankruptcy or a related proceeding, provided that we inform the relevant third party that it must use your personal information only for the purposes disclosed in this Privacy Notice.
HOW DOES SIPSCIENCE KEEP MY PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURE?
We use reasonable security procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of the information to protect the personal information that we collect and process about you. We use industry-standard protocols to encrypt the information we exchange with you. That way, access to data is limited through the use of technological safeguards. We use leading third party payment processors to process payment information. Your password and login information are never shared.
YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
You have the right to opt-out of receiving direct marketing communications we send you at any time. To opt-out, email [email@example.com].
Under the CCPA, residents in California, and by application of this policy SipScience Member Customers, have certain rights with respect to the personal information collected by businesses. You may exercise the following rights regarding your personal information, subject to certain exceptions and limitations:
- Right to Know About Certain Information Collected, Disclosed, or Sold: For certain categories of personal information, the right to request a list of what personal information we disclosed to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and the names and addresses of those third parties; the right to know the categories and specific pieces of personal information we collect, use, disclose, and sell about you, the categories of sources from which we collected your personal information, our purposes for collecting or selling your personal information, the categories of your personal information that we have either sold or disclosed for a business purpose, and the categories of third parties with which we have shared personal information.
If you wish to know the personal information collected, disclosed, or sold, please email [firstname.lastname@example.org].
- Right to Request Deletion of Data: The right to request that we delete the personal information we have collected from you or maintain about you.
If you wish to request deletion of your personal information that has been collected, please email [email@example.com].
- Right to Opt-Out of the Sale of Data: The right to opt out of our sale(s) of your personal information that we may collect as described above.
NOTICE OF RIGHT TO OPT-OUT: If you do not want SipScience to sell your personal information, please email [firstname.lastname@example.org].
- Right to Non-Discrimination for the Exercise of Your Privacy Rights. The right not to receive discriminatory treatment if you exercise your privacy rights under the CCPA. This means that if you opt-out of the sale of your personal information, for example, SipScience can’t refuse to provide membership to the App. However, to the extent that SipScience has based the App and membership on value attributed to consumer data, SipScience may provide a different type of service as described in the Notice of Financial Incentive.
- Authorized Agent. If you have an authorized agent to make a request to SipScience pursuant to the CCPA, please email [email@example.com] and we will provide instructions on authorizing the agent hereunder.