SipScience is excited to announce our Toast POS integration! This means that SIP app users can now access Toast venues quickly and easily. For venues, the setup is easy and only takes 15 minutes. Today, many restaurants, bars, and clubs use Toast as a point-of-sale system. With our integration, you can streamline your operations and improve customer satisfaction.
1. What is Toast POS and what are its features?
Many restaurants, bars, and clubs are on Toast. Toast has a reputation for being easy to use, reliable, and having a wide range of useful features for venue management. Some of Toast’s key features include:
- Quick and easy setup
- Staff management, and robust reporting capabilities
- Embedded payment processor
- Online order/take out features for any bar or restaurant
It is what we call a “Cloud POS” – just like you would connect to Gmail.com to check your emails, any bar or restaurant can connect to their POS through the Toast dashboard.
The configuration of the POS is no longer restricted to the venue itself: it can be done remotely, from anywhere.
2. How does the Toast POS integration work
The Toast POS integration with SipScience is a two-way street. This means the Sip App will communicate with a venue’s Toast POS to let it know when a user has opened a tab; users can verbalize their orders to their servers, and upon inputting orders into the open tab on the POS, the order will be automatically displayed on the user’s phone. Once the user is done, they don’t need to come back to the bar to close their tab (great benefit in a club!), or wait for the server, they can just close the tab and pay automatically from their phone. The SIP App will instantly handle the payment and register it on the POS (tip included!).
The setup is easy and takes as little as 15 minutes. Here’s how it works:
- Quick setup on the POS: add a SIP Role and a SIP Employee (for reporting purposes) – 5 minutes
- Configuration of the SipScience Merchant Portal (to align with the POS setup) – 5 minutes
- Quick test to ensure everything is working as intended – 5 minutes
3. The benefits of using our integration
There are many benefits to using the Toast POS integration. Some of these include:
- Improved customer satisfaction – With the Toast POS extension, users can pay for their drinks without having to wait for the server. This eliminates any potential frustration and speeds up turn times.
- Efficient operations – The Toast POS integration helps venues run more efficiently by automating and streamlining the ordering & checkout processes. This reduces errors and makes it easier for staff to keep track of orders.
- Discounts for users – SipScience offers subscription-based discounts to users who order through the SIP app. This is a great way to promote your business and reward loyal customers, but there’s more to that, and that is the next point.
- Data – SipScience is a data company. Our mission is to build the most consistent consumer data in the alcohol space. Your venue will have access to increasingly qualitative and very granular insights, based on the profile of your customers. What are they drinking before and after they arrive at your venue? Who comes when to drink what? How does that correlate to your marketing activities? Who likes to combine what food with what drinks? What type of promotion makes more sense given the profile of your consumers? There are questions that you’ll be able to ask and find answers to with the SipScience integration.
4. FAQ about the Toast POS integration
Q: How much does it cost to use the Toast POS integration?
A: The Toast POS integration is free to use.
Q: What consumer devices are compatible with the SIP App?
A: The Toast POS integration is available on both iOS and Android devices.
Q: Will my customers need the SIP App in order to order drinks?
A: Your customers will still be able to order drinks however you allow, but if they want to enjoy the value of a SIP subscription, they will need to use the SIP App. Once installed from the App Store or the Play Store, they can simply open a tab at the venue using their phone and place their order from the server.
Q: Can I use the Toast POS integration if I don’t have a SipScience account?
A: No, you will need a SipScience account in order to use the Toast POS integration.
Q: How do I get started with this integration?
A: You can get started with the Toast POS integration by creating a free SipScience account and following the instructions on our website.
If you’re looking for an easy way to integrate your SIP App with your Toast POS, look no further! The integration with SipScience is now available and it’s quick and easy to set up. In just minutes, you can be up and running and enjoying the benefits of this powerful integration. Get started today!